PROJECT : The House of Peroni; Infused with Italy
CLIENT: Peroni Nastro Azzuro, M&C Saatchi
ROLE: Concept, Creative Direction and Set Dressing
PRODUCTION: M&C Saatchi
A 5-part experience open for two weeks, re-imagining citrus and literally infusing Italy into Shoreditch. Plastic fruit crates, hanging fruit bags and the terrazzo pattern tied a line across the whole experience for a fusion of high and low art with classically Mediterranean motifs.
The experience featured:
- 'The Bitter End', a secret bar where Simone Caporale mixed cocktails to Italian opera in low amber lighting
- A post card rack of Italian pin up photos and real life fruittivendolo run by flirty shopkeeper in a lemon-yellow trouser suit
- Blood orange disco balls in the main mirrored bar, where Naples-based record selectors Nu Guinea were on the turntables
- Pop up deli created in collaboration with Hackney food artists 4Cose featuring 30kg mortadella fresh from Italy
- Food menu created by one of London's greatest Italian chefs, Francesco Mazzei. He delivered a "zesty" menu of Italian street food dishes such as egg fettuccine with Grana Padano, lemon and pink pepper, lemon and rosemary meatballs, as well as light bites including pumpkin and orange croquettes.
- A menu of brand new citrus-infusion beer cocktails such as the Bergamot Tramonto inspired by the streets of Genoa featuring Peroni, bergamot sherbert, lemon and thyme, the Limoni Della Liguria featuring Falernum liqueur, Martini, Grappa Nonino, lemon and rosemary syrup and the sexy Chinotto Montemoro featuring dark rum, Amaro, chinotto jam and garepfruit juice.